surely of a million posts this summer.
because of work, i was at the expo site today. some quick tips:
1. do not take a taxi – pudong nan lu gets super backed up – its normally a 20 minute drive from my door – today it took an hour. and it’s not even peak period yet – today was just sort of security testing and systems testing – supposedly there was only 1/5 the expected guests today.
2. the expo is HUGE. wear comfortable shoes. plus its going to get hot.
3. food – lines were long all over today, except for the more expensive places. drink machines were plentiful, however, very few people know how to use them and there’s a 5 minute wait per person while they try to figure out how it works. very frustrating. i’d go to eat at off-hours, pack a lunch or go to one of the pricier sit-down places. the longest lines were at the cheapest places (lawsons)
4. people are not paying attention to what they’re doing. there will be thieves . .. and also you will bump into a million people as they all try to get the best photo in their camera. without regards to being in the middle of a crowd.
5. security lines are already outrageously long. come prepared to wait.
good luck and see you there this summer!