Objects of desire

Anyone have 40,000 RMB they can give me?
Olympus EP-2

Olympus EP-2

Cervelo R3

This entry was posted in something else and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Objects of desire

1. uzbekcelia says:

Does the price quote include the cost of a U-lock?! (I have bad eyesight, is the bike leaning on the wall or standing upright due to an unseen kickstand?)

For that kind of money I expect it to come with a butler to hold it upright for you!

T what’s your view on GF1/2 vs EP-2?

No U-lock. You don’t lock up a bike this expensive. You’re either on it, or its in your housing establishment. I don’t believe a racing bike would have a kickstand, but it doesn’t appear to be leaning against the wall either.

I played around with the GF2 in Japan and the EP-1 . . .also in Japan. I think honestly, either camera would be suitable for my needs – and I really liked the instant bokah feature on the GF2 (done by poking a finger on the screen). but the EP-2 LOOKS neater to me. So, I pick the PEN.

Actually the GF2 is a disappointment. They’ve taken away a lot of what made the GF1 such a success including the amazingly wide f1.7 20mm pancake lens which they replaced with a lens that is a stop slower and too wide at 14mm. Otherwise I’d be all over it. Might try and find a mint GF1 or consider the Olympus.

Yeah, the PEN I’ve depicted does not have the 14-42mm lens for a specific reason. Although, I actually already have a super expensive, everyone thinks it’s a Point and Shoot wide angle lens camera (Ricoh GR-Digital) so do I need another? No. But the PEN is kind of sexy.

7. Bittermelon says:

The PEN is almost as big as an DSLR and nearly as expensive (Canon t2j with a lens can be had for under $1,000). And the EP2 shooting speed is low, according to CNET.

I’m not that worried about shooting speed. And I already have a DSLR (the Nikon d80) which is quite a bit larger than the EP-2

9. Dingle says:

Better make it 40,150rmb!

They charge a premium for installing the shopping basket and parcel rack, swines!!!!

Well, its a carbon fiber aero shopping basket/parcel rack!

Don’t forget the bell. I have to say it looks VERY uncomfortable with the seat up so high like that.

While the cervelo is meant for speed, its not especially uncomfortable either.

13. RS says:

is it cheaper to get it in the states?

Yes. . .but it doesn’t really matter. I could get the EP-2 cheaper in Hong Kong and the Cervelo cheaper in the US – but i’m not going to. I don’t need another camera since I have the excellent Ricoh GR-D and Nikon d80 and I don’t need another bicycle to go with my existing 3 – these are just things I would like . . .

Well if it’s just a list of things we’d like, I’d like to add Scarlett Johansson to the list.

It’s my list. So I’m going to go with Li Bingbing.